Prepping for a Bridal Show
Bridal fairs are a great chance to meet multiple vendors all at once. They can be super helpful, but also overwhelming. Let us help you prepare with some quick tips!
Bridal fairs and expos offer a great opportunity to meet vendors in your area, hear about the latest trends in event design and learn tricks on the planning process. Use these tips to make the most of any event you attend:
- Create a temporary email address just for wedding planning. Keep wedding-related bids, receipts and offers in one place without cluttering your personal inbox.
- Bring address labels with your name, email address, phone number and wedding date. Each vendor you interact with will request your information, and there will be lots of giveaways, too. Having an address label handy will save time (and your hand!)
- Ask questions. Bridal vendors are there for you — they won’t shy away from any question. So, make sure you are prepared to ask plenty of them! Not sure what to ask? Pick up the latest copy of Black Hills Bride for a list of questions for the big vendor categories like catering, photography, and more.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Save those fancy heels for your wedding day! You’ll be spending a lot of time on your feet, so make sure your footwear will be comfortable for several hours at a time.
- Bring your significant other — they want to be part of the important decisions, too. This will save time in the future, and they will be a big help when it comes to choosing which vendors you want to work with.
- Bring cash for entrance fees. You’ll also want to keep your credit or debit card with you for any deposits and down payments you choose to make. If you meet a vendor who is the perfect fit and is available on your wedding date, you’ll want to book their services so you don’t lose out.
- Bring reusable shopping bags. You’ll leave the fair with a pile of brochures, business cards and samples in hand. Some vendors will have plastic bags, but it’s much more convenient (and stylish!) to bring along reusable bags to tote your goodies.
Bonus tip: Tuck a plastic baggie or zippered pouch into your bag—when you meet a vendor you want to consider further, put those business cards in the pouch to keep them separate from the rest.
- Know the show’s schedule. Many bridal shows include a fashion show and some include workshops or demonstrations. Familiarize yourself with the show’s schedule in advance to make sure you are there for topics that interest you.
- Pack a bottle of water and on-the-go snacks. Some events will have food and beverage vendors on hand or even offer a bridal lunch, but not all. You may be at an event for several hours, and it’s tough to think about flowers (let alone catering!) when you are dehydrated and hungry. If planning your wedding is a marathon, bridal shows are a sprint — fuel up accordingly.
- Have fun! Take pictures, share your big plans with other brides you meet and really enjoy yourself. This is one of the most special times in your life, so make sure to soak in every moment!