The man of your dreams finally walked into your life, you said “yes” and are now ready to spend the rest of your life with him. Then it hits you… the mid-engagement crisis.
You find yourself listening to the tunes of Ace of Base, N’Sync and Britney Spears the early years, grasping onto a youth that seems to be slipping away! Now amongst your crisis you have to find the perfect wedding reception, a caterer that feeds a million guests, and maintain your sanity. How are you going to pull this off? Well, first things first, exhale. You can do this. Rely on your friends and family to help you through. Talk to them and to your fiancé, tell him how you are feeling. Don’t bottle up your emotions, or else you may find yourself three sizes to big for your wedding dress because you have been scarfing down chocolate to deal.
The truth is, most brides-to-be feel some sort of anxiety before their wedding day, take comfort in the fact that you are not alone. It is a big step, but one worth taking. Think of it like school; it wasn’t easy, but it was worth it. Don’t stress about the details of the wedding day. Everything has a way of working out and it will work out for you. Plus, you have Black Hills Bride to make your planning even easier! But if you are still stressed, here are 5 things to do to help you unwind…
- Indulge in a spa-day. Nothing is more calming than a nice massage set to relaxing sounds.
- Have some girl time. Whether it's a movie marathon with your bestie or a night out with the girls, just relax and have fun…cocktails help, too.
- Take a kick-boxing class: No better way to take out stress! And it’s great cardio.
- Go on a date. With your fiancé, of course. Talk about anything except your upcoming nuptials, and take time to remember what all this planning is for.
- Laugh. Watch a funny show, hang with friends, or go to a comedy club…just laugh!